Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two Updates and a New Start

I haven't been great about posting the last few days, so I have some updating to do.

Friday was the 6 hour stitch-a-thon over at Let's Stitch and I worked on the Jasmine piece as previously posted. It was so much fun to work on my stitching while knowing there was a whole group of others all over the place doing the same thing at the same time. I am looking forward to this week's SAT!

After the SAT I decided to rotate onto another sizeable piece, the Ireland House picture/Christmas gift for my Aunt. I have stitched over 110 hours on this piece so far and I still feel like there is a long way to go. I think I will work on this during the SAT on Friday. I am getting frustrated with some of the color changes etc. so I could definitely use the group encouragement!

Last but not least, I joined Vonna's seasonal ornament stitch-a-long blog. The idea is to complete a new stitched ornament every two weeks, for each season and holiday. I am really excited for this because I have lots of decorations for certain holidays (namely Halloween and Christmas) and not so much for the rest of the year. It will also be satisfying to have smaller scale projects to finish up... should balance out some of the big bad projects! The current challenge is to stitch a Thanksgiving themed ornament. I chose to use a portion of a Harvest-themed design from the October 2005 Stoney Creek magazine. It is a little plaid pumpkin and I think it will make a great ornament!

Speaking of which, I am going to go work on the ornament now!






No comments: