Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Project

This morning I spent a few hours working on a section of the Irish house piece, but after all the black I needed a change of pace. I recently discovered the Love Quilts project (http://www.lovequilts.org) and decided I would like to contribute some stitching time to the cause.
The group was organized in order to bring different stitchers' talents and creativity together on individual blankets for terminally or chronically ill children and their families. A theme and color scheme are selected based on the child's interests and stitchers can sign up to contribute a 9"x9" block within a given timeframe. Once the blocks are submitted, quilters wash and assemble the blocks to form a quilt top and then finish the blankets, which are then presented to the children and their families.
I am going to be stitching a block for a young girl named Emily and one for a girl named Destiny. Today I started working on the latter; no pictures yet since most of the time was spent prepping the fabric and pattern. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a bit of progress to show!
I was excited to receive an invitation to join the blog Let's Stitch Too, which is moderated by BeckySC. I can't wait to participate in the stitch-a-thons, challenges, and to get to know other stitchers.
Well, that's all the news that's fit to print, as they say! Until next time...

No comments: