Monday, November 10, 2008

Jasmine

Not much progress today, but Nate and I had our only day of the week off today. We spent the morning covering up the pool and raking leaves which promptly blew back all over the yard. This afternoon we headed over to the mall for some people-watching and to get my phone replaced at the Verizon store. I was eligible for a free upgrade with my contract renewal, so I got a nifty new phone. It was quite the fiasco trying to actually get the new phone activated and the new contract set up, but the salesman was a great help and the situation was eventually rectified. And the new phone has a much better camera!
Now we are back home, just finished watching Tim Burton's adaptation of Sweeney Todd, which was marvelous, not that I had any doubt. Let me add that Helena Bonham Carter's gowns were absolutely amazing!! Anyway, now we are watching Ocean's Eleven and I am working on the piece I wrote about last time. The theme for the Love Quilt is "princesses" and the colors purple and pink. Not anything like my usual subject matter, but it's for a good cause. The pattern I put together is a picture of Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin. If you use your imagination maybe you can see the picture coming together... ...Maybe not yet. Like I said, I haven't put much time into it yet, I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments: