Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More work on Jasmine, scheduling thoughts

Lots of time spent stitching yesterday, but I didn't get around to posting my work. Once again, I worked at the Love Quilts block for Destiny. I have put in about eight hours of work thus far between preparing and gridding and stitching. I am pleased with the results so far!
I have been thinking of starting a rotational system again, to get work done on multiple projects (read: UFOs!) in a timely fashion. I like to track my work in a notebook (so using a blog is very exciting for an obsessive documentarian... pictures!) and what I would usually do was work on a given piece for say, fifteen hours, then pack it up and move to the next, complete fifteen hours of work, and so on. Once I had gone through the original rotation a few times I would allow myself to add another project to the mix. It was a good way to balance things out. If I do this again I may have to adjust my time allotments due to time strictures (e.g. Ireland House is a Christmas present, Love Quilt blocks are due in January and then February, etc.) but I will have to think about it...

No comments: