Monday, February 7, 2011

A finish!

I had trouble posting last night; my text kept getting deleted/sucked into the internet void so I eventually gave up. However, I finished my first square for SOLAK yesterday. This is "Golden Retriever - Barney" by Country Cross Stitch. It was a lot more backstitching than I am accustomed to; I usually stitch HAED patterns which are all cross stitch! But I patiently stitched in every last blade of grass (in three shades of green, mind you!)
Then, I started working on the next square for Tom's quilt. It is a pattern called "The Hunter's Pace" by the Stoney Creek Collection. I am having to trim about 20 stitches off the top and bottom to fit the 4" requirement but I don't think they will be missed. You can see the tree, the deer, and the rabbit so far.
Sorry about the shadows in the picture. Hopefully the less than desirable picture quality problem will be over soon; I found out I was eligible for a phone upgrade so I just ordered my new phone which has a 5 megapixel camera in it. Which I thought was pretty awesome until Nate informed me his HTC Evo has a 12 megapixel camera. Whoopee for him. :-P
The waterfall in my bedroom has slowed but has not been resolved. Maintenance finally decided to show up this afternoon to take a look. They threw down a couple of trash bags and a new bucket (hooray, I can have my trash can back), peeled the popcorn layer off the ceiling, poked a hole with a utility knife in both rooms and called it a day. Apparently the apartment above us is vacant and was flooding with water pouring down the walls and "nobody called maintenance." Really?? Cause I'm pretty sure I called maintenance on Saturday night when I had the Poseidon Adventure in my room!! Ugh. According to maintenance, there's nothing they can really do until the snow melts. Today was therefor good and bad because it was sunny and (slightly) warm, so the snow was melting. Theoretically that should be a good thing, clearing the roof and running off. Unfortunately there is a veritable glacier on the edge of the building so instead of running off, the water is running down into the flushing and onto my bureau. Delightful. Supposedly they are waiting on a contractor from Pennsylvania (not exactly close to New Hampshire!) because there are so many homes here in New England having the same problems that no one local has time to do the work. (For those of you who don't live around here, we have had one massive snowstorm after another and there is well over a foot of snow and ice caked on the roofs.) So the saga continues.
Anyway, that's all I've got for today. Take care and thanks for reading!

No comments: