Monday, July 6, 2015

What to do?

This picture, snagged from the excellent Facebook page Grammarly, pretty much sums it up. I told you last week how awesome "The Girl With All The Gifts" was. The problem is, I have started and stopped four other books since then. It's not that any of these are fundamentally flawed in any way... I just can't seem to find the right follow-up. I am also reading "The Last American Vampire" by Seth Grahame-Smith, which is great, but I need an audiobook so that I can read while doing other things. My paintings don't turn out nearly as well if I'm reading hard copy, and the library tends to get cranky about paint on their books. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share! Otherwise I am just going to browse Audible and cry until I fill this book-shaped hole in my life.

In other news... it's been a slow start to the week for painting. Between homework, packing, and work, I haven't gotten too much done. I am working on a second Tolkien portrait, by request. Like a crazy person, I decided to fill in the lettering first, then start working on the background. It seemed like a good idea at the time... instant gratification and whatnot. But now I am painting around all those little detailed letters and leaves. This is what it looks like so far.
I'll post tomorrow (hopefully with a finish!) but in the meantime, there's always Facebook, Etsy, and now Instagram! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: