Monday, June 29, 2015

Abraham Lincoln

If you're returning after reading my book review earlier, welcome back! If not... hello there!

I wanted to post some pictures from today's work, which has SOLD!!! But, if this is up your alley, you can visit me on Facebook and let me know. I don't have a listing for commissions at this point on the Etsy shop, but I'm happy to take requests. This one was a special request from Facebook, in fact.

My Dad has always been a huge admirer of Abraham Lincoln. So it wasn't all that surprising when he suggested doing a portrait of our 16th president. It was also quite fitting, as I made a clay relief sculpture of Abraham Lincoln for him during art class about eighteen years ago! So everything comes round full circle, you see.

This is the finished project, along with a few different detail angles.






As you can see, Zino was a big help in the process. He has invented a game, wherein he tosses his slobbery Kong into my box of paints, under the easel, etc. and then I have to find and throw it without toppling everything over.
 I ought to be off to bed right now, but I'm sort of on a roll with painting and listening to Men at Work, so I'll probably end up staying up deciding on the next piece. Thanks for checking in, see you tomorrow, and don't forget to visit Etsy if you haven't yet. :)




No comments: